PDA

View Full Version : Muted people unmute at end of round

Versed
Feb 08, 2009, 02:25 PM
Basically what the title says. If I mute someone in game as soon as the round ends and all-talk is on they're unmuted.

I know that when the map changes you have to re-mute the person but not at the end of the round. Anyone else have this problem?

Drunken F00l
Feb 08, 2009, 02:37 PM
Blame Valve.

insomniaprincess
Feb 08, 2009, 02:52 PM
*blames Valve* :x

Hell-met
Feb 08, 2009, 03:20 PM
funny how hl1's engine was able to permanently remember who you muted and source can't

Versed
Feb 08, 2009, 05:11 PM
*blames DF for not making it work*

Drunken F00l
Feb 08, 2009, 08:48 PM
I see what you mean. The end-of-round all talk thing is breaking your mute (but only between rounds, ya?). This could be fixable.

Versed
Feb 08, 2009, 09:57 PM
Yes, in-between rounds I have to re-mute people.

Drunken F00l
Feb 08, 2009, 10:22 PM
Doesn't it fix itself when the next round starts? Whom are you muting anyways? Mic spammers? Report em!

Versed
Feb 09, 2009, 08:36 AM
No they don't stay muted the next round. I already figured with all talk at the end that I'd hear them, which I do.

The problem is when the next round starts I go to my settings under Mute Players and it says Muted but I can still hear them talking.

Drunken F00l
Feb 09, 2009, 01:38 PM
Ugh, alright.

Versed
Feb 09, 2009, 05:01 PM
Aww don't ugh! It's not that big of a deal really. If any of us are that concerned we can just turn off voice chat :P

IamTHEBOOKIE
Feb 09, 2009, 10:02 PM
WTF do you mute people for anyways

Hell-met
Feb 09, 2009, 11:19 PM
WTF do you mute people for anyways

this man has never played videogames before team fortress two

Drunken F00l
Feb 10, 2009, 03:24 AM
I don't mute people. As soon as I mute someone is when they will start doing terrible things behind my back.

insomniaprincess
Feb 10, 2009, 09:26 AM
I don't mute people. As soon as I mute someone is when they will start doing terrible things behind my back.

haha this is why I don't mute ppl.

Versed
Feb 10, 2009, 04:25 PM
I guess if I was a super cool admin I wouldn't either, geez :roll:

IamTHEBOOKIE
Feb 10, 2009, 07:58 PM
I have played many of games before tf2... I just have never had a reason to mute anyone even if they are being an ass. Actually take that back, the only person I have ever muted was Ann because her voice literally kills my eardrums and she talks to much.

Hell-met
Feb 10, 2009, 09:12 PM
Why do I have the feeling half of your posts make you sound dumber more than anything else

You just said it yourself, sometimes you don't want to hear people.

OmegaZero_Alpha
Feb 10, 2009, 10:13 PM
You just said it yourself, sometimes you don't want to hear people.

That doesn't mean he mutes people.

Not everybody is a little bastard who needs to run away from things he doesn't like, or plug his ears and yell because he doesn't want to hear something.

This is the reason I learned to troll. Troll somebody who is annoying over the mic and you will have a good time.

unknown
Feb 10, 2009, 10:35 PM
this.....this is serious business.

insomniaprincess
Feb 10, 2009, 10:40 PM
Not everybody is a little bastard who needs to run away from things he doesn't like, or plug his ears and yell because he doesn't want to hear something.

This isn't the only reason for muting someone. Some ppl mute because they don't like the sound of a particular person's voice or someone talks too much or w/e but they don't see the problem as serious enough to go crying to an admin about it and they are mature enough not to start a fight over it and disrupt the server. So instead, they just mute the person they have a problem with.

Nothing wrong with that... that's why the mute function is there.

Personally, I don't mute because I'm very tolerant. If someone is bad enough that I would need to mute them, they're probably gonna get a gag or a kick anyway.

Not that any of this is relevant to the post which was not about whether or not you should mute other players but actually about a bug/problem one player was having in the game.

IamTHEBOOKIE
Feb 10, 2009, 11:36 PM
Ann is the only person I have muted... Like I said, only because the sound of her voice hurts my ears.

Hell-met
Feb 11, 2009, 12:01 AM
I mute duplex because he likes to verbally attempt to make me feel bad with insults, does that count?

IamTHEBOOKIE
Feb 11, 2009, 01:07 PM
I mute duplex because he likes to verbally attempt to make me feel bad with insults, does that count?

no