PDA

View Full Version : Good Idea

Pwner_Express
Jan 04, 2005, 12:00 AM
Heres an idea for SOP.
Make the Zero points energy gun from the end of HL2 availble to admins and make a cvar to make it public or not sop_energygun_public 1|0 or something.

snoopcat
Jan 06, 2005, 06:44 PM
dont think thats such a good idea beacoz the people might get bored of your server

Naquadria
Jan 06, 2005, 06:46 PM
I don't see anything wrong with it... admins always like their "toys", and it could be fun to let players use it sometimes...

/Edit: Why would people get bored of the server?

snoopcat
Jan 06, 2005, 06:48 PM
oops i thought he ment to get rid of gravity gun but on closer inspection!

Thats a good idea youd probably need a env_global creater.

Speedy
Jan 06, 2005, 06:48 PM
two words: Buy menu.

snoopcat
Jan 06, 2005, 06:49 PM
ill drink to that :P

Naquadria
Jan 06, 2005, 06:50 PM
May be instead of a public cmd, it could be a "admin_give" cmd so you could just give it to certain people. It could get crazy if everyone used it.

snoopcat
Jan 06, 2005, 06:51 PM
just make it expensive or somthing and you get it for a set amount of time say 5 minutes or the whole map

Naquadria
Jan 06, 2005, 06:52 PM
hmm I really doubt something like that would be put into the credit system and be buyable.

MyTh
Jan 11, 2005, 08:23 PM
you could just try like a poll or something and hear from the people id like to see a buy menu it would kinda be a little more compatible

snoopcat
Jan 12, 2005, 03:57 AM
i think df should put it in anyways. Id use it and if you dont like it three words... 'Shut up idiot' lolz i mean 'dont use it'

Frostbite
Jan 12, 2005, 07:16 AM
i think admin_give is a great idea
admin_give fire :D

Darkghost
Jan 12, 2005, 06:26 PM
yea or like admin_gravitygun [guys name here] that would work

Darkghost
Jan 12, 2005, 06:26 PM
i think they should hurry up and make sop lol

Naquadria
Jan 12, 2005, 06:39 PM
i think they should hurry up and make sop lol

That doesn't help too much....

Darkghost
Jan 13, 2005, 05:45 PM
sure it does

SnowSlasher
Jan 19, 2005, 11:30 AM
no it doesnt... if SOP is rushed, then DF may have missed a few important things that will bring you back here and post here saying WTF

Jurugi
Jul 13, 2005, 03:02 PM
WOW imagine how easy it would be.. just grab people and toss them, either way they die

good idea. it would be fun with the beest weapon in game!

ToxicWaste
Jul 18, 2005, 04:32 AM
I think the admin_give command it a GREAT idea!
but lets make it more specific like, admin_give_gravitygun2
2 meaning the blue one becuase there is the one from the beginning as well and that could also get confusing.
But I really like that fact of that admin command.
buying is annoying, especially if your an admin because the buyers usually abuse buying and annoying the admins causing them to get banned from the server and starting a whole riot.
"wow I have thought this thing through too much, I gotta talk about something else"...lol...

ToxicWaste
Jul 18, 2005, 04:45 AM
But it could also be used as a BONUS TIME part of the game
where every hour, a noise will go off, like a wresteling bell, in the server and the server will freeze time.
Then it will say in the middle of the screen...
"BONUS TIME!" and cool adventure music will play in the background untill the BONUS TIME is over.
Everyone will get the blue gravity gun for 1min and they keep that gun for 1min, if they die or not.
If they die, they respawn with the blue gravity gun again untill time is up. The server will keep score on who has the most kills with the blue gravity gun alone and no other guns. then after that 1min, another sound will go off like a crowd or something cheering, and the person with the most kills after 1min will have their name on everyone's screen say
"NAME_OF_WINNER has won the BONUS TIME"
"NAME_OF_WINNER recieved 100 credits for winning!"
and everyone then loses their blue gravity guns, and the server goes on its normal self untill the next BONUS TIME comes in 1 hour.

What do you guys think of my idea?
read it again if u didnt get it.