Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: angrypug isnt all he seems

Last Online
    Aug 12, 2013
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaZero_Alpha
    Isn't trading duped items, like, bannable?

At the very least selling it for as much as genuine items without their knowledge is sharking.
    Considering it seems like there's more duped unusuals in circulation than "legit" ones, to me it really makes no difference whatsoever. To consider it sharking is kinda humorous though

Last Online
    Nov 19, 2014
    Threads

At the very least selling it for as much as genuine items without their knowledge is sharking.
    More often than not 'Duped' when said lately means 'My account was hijacked and Valve restored all my hats, so there are two of X hat floating around'.

Last Online
    Apr 06, 2013
    Threads

you can buy and sell dupes.. but when you sell, it is unethical to not say it is dupe... i value these hats quite a bit less due to limited buyers

every buyer should run a history check on the hat to see if it is duped as they can save a great deal of money
    steamID: reaper's unusuals4Sale
    steamID32: STEAM_0:0:30954791
    steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198022175310
    http://www.tf2items.com/id/reaper0268?time=1319414281

Last Online
    Nov 02, 2014
    Threads

first of all its the buyers responsibility to check if its duped or not, and second i let people know if its a dupe, when i trade it, i value it a bit less, but i dont knock off huge value, i still think an unusual is an unusual, but some prefer to sell it at full price or not say its dupe, i think the honest route is a good way,

thats my 2 cents as a trusted seller, not active for the moment, but when i was trading unusuals thats how i did business :P

Last Online
    May 23, 2013
    Threads

So I'm gonna attempt real hard not to come across as an asshole since I pretty much am one, so here goes.

Couple things.

48 hours passed. Was plenty of time to get your shit in order.

Yup it was duped, and yup thats 100% the other traders responsibility in my opinion. Viper knew it was duped and even asked me to knock my b/o down a bills, which I did.

I personally don't give a shit if stuff is duped, its just something other traders use as a tactic to bring down the value of an unusual.

My history speaks for itself, check my rep, my profile for those that arent aware. I'm a good little trader. In all honesty as long as I'm not a shark, or scammer I can honestly full heartedly care less if I'm "respected".

Appreciate the comments left by reaps, and the other dude telling this guy to grow a pair, because honestly I thought the exact same thing.

Anyway . . . um yea.

Last Online
    Nov 21, 2014
    Threads

http://auspost.com.au/personal/terms...gift-card.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Australia Post
    The Card is a Visa Prepaid card that can be used after activation (within 24 hours after purchase)

Last Online
    Oct 07, 2014
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by TheDopp

More often than not 'Duped' when said lately means 'My account was hijacked and Valve restored all my hats, so there are two of X hat floating around'.
    I always figured that stuff was made through packet injecting like in ragnarok and everquest.
    /sarcasm

Last Online
    Dec 13, 2013
    Threads

Angrypug got greedy and took another offer, whilst telling you he would hold it for you. Simple as that. It's really sad that you broke your promise to another trader and are now telling him to 'grow a pair', angrypug.

I held a burning tyrolean for, iirc, more than a month for someone because they really wanted to buy it off me and was desperately trying to trade their hats for promos.

I held 4 buds for a German trader with no rep for 4 days whilst he transferred money from his bank to paypal.

When I'm trading unusuals that's how I do business.

Last Online
    May 23, 2013
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by coi
    Angrypug got greedy and took another offer, whilst telling you he would hold it for you. Simple as that. It's really sad that you broke your promise to another trader and are now telling him to 'grow a pair', angrypug.

I held a burning tyrolean for, iirc, more than a month for someone because they really wanted to buy it off me and was desperately trying to trade their hats for promos.

I held 4 buds for a German trader with no rep for 4 days whilst he transferred money from his bank to paypal.

I really dont give a fuck what you've done. I don't give a shit if your the Mother Theresa of trading in all honesty.

Its he said she said, It passed 48 hours I'll leave it at that.

Last Online
    Jul 14, 2014
    Threads

again, why the fuck are you on these forums if you do not know jack shit about trading. or are even interested in it.

Last Online
    Jun 17, 2014
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by oiyatat

again, why the fuck are you on these forums if you do not know jack shit about trading. or are even interested in it.
    because degenerates like you aren't the only people online

when i say that i'll hold items, i'll give them a bit of a buffer. if possible, i'll warn the buyer that i'm selling it elsewhere when the time expires.
    then again i don't hold items so...

Last Online
    Threads

maybe because sop is a gaming community ahead of being a trading community?

Last Online
    Jul 14, 2014
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by daem0n

because degenerates like you aren't the only people online

when i say that i'll hold items, i'll give them a bit of a buffer. if possible, i'll warn the buyer that i'm selling it elsewhere when the time expires.
    then again i don't hold items so...
    still doesnt answer my question

Last Online
    Nov 19, 2014
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by coi
    Something that should be emulated more in the community.

I've had people hold hats for me for various amount of time while I either converted cash to buds or converted 40 hours a week into cash. Hell, Longfellow has been holding something for me for weeks now while I did some of that time-to-money conversion. It's good business (good way to get loyal customers and customers that point their friends to you first), the right attitude to have in an environment free of jerks (similar to my suggestion in the Shark Tag poll) and generally just the right thing to do.

I always figured that stuff was made through packet injecting like in ragnarok and everquest.
    There was the duping scandal last fall where things were actually duplicated, in a similar fashion, but Valve left the keys in the car so to speak for the dupers to do it themselves without coding/decoding net hashes/downloading something (it was a feature). I'm not sure if the steam cloud/item servers are susceptible to similar manual attacks, but guessing with DF on the case, probably not.

Last Online
    Jul 14, 2014
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Butane
    maybe because sop is a gaming community ahead of being a trading community?
    ok, fair point, i have only seen them on tf2 flames though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast